Sunday, October 26, 2014

The truth is:


I'm scared of the happy faces and sad posts.
i'm scared of cuts on wrists and the thought of people cutting their wrists
I'm scared because I've never had trouble sleeping, but staying awake.
i'm scared of  high school boys because i know how they talk about girls
I'm scared I won't fall in love, but even more scared I will. 
i'm scared i'll regret my career choice
The hole in my chest is getting too big, and I'm scared I'll forget what it feels like to live.
if this is all life has to offer, i'm scared
I'm scared I'm counting the hours to my death.
i'm scared of being old, and dying young
I'm scared I want too much and because of that happiness will always be on the tip of my tongue.
i'm scared of being happy
I'm scared my mom was right when she said I don't have any real relationships in my life.
i'm scared I've accepted it 



We're all scared though, and there's a comfort in that.





3 comments:

  1. "I'm scared I won't fall in love, but even more scared I will."
    This is everything I've been trying to say since I started blogging. At least we're together in our fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That part about real relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm scared my mom was right when she said I don't have any real relationships in my life."

    same. loved this post.

    ReplyDelete