Monday, November 3, 2014

Can't run. Can't hide.

I tried to let life in. I cleaned up the mess in my head and made room but life couldn't fit. There seems to always be something in the way of life. Life comes and goes as it pleases, but is forever in the back of my mind. Life is a mute chaos. I met life at the puzzle tree, but it betrayed me the day I lost my kite to the wind. Life brought wind to the bees and made your laugh the sweetest. Life made me believe nothing could be better than that second kiss. Don't be fooled by life though, because life is a false security. A waiting period before death.    


I tried to put death in a box but the lid wasn't glued on tight enough and it keeps running away with my heart.  That's the thing about death, it has ahold of the one thing that is keeping me alive. I met death when I was 15 and it stripped my innocence more than any kiss. My hands are still numb and my heart still hurts. I'll never forgive death for what it did, but I'll never be able to thank it enough either. Because death is perhaps the only thing stronger than love. The only thing that binds us together. Death changed me. It changed me for the better, but also for the worse and that thought is killing me. I don't know which one I should be more afraid of.  Death is the last to judge. Death is certain, but really it's unpredictable. Death appeared at your bed but only rang at his door. The reason it has so much power.


I've tried running from death and hiding from life, but I learned
Life prepared me for death, and in return death made life priceless. 

4 comments:

  1. Poetry, Pure Poetry. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it stripped my innocence more than any kiss. My hands are still numb and my heart still hurts.

    Life prepared me for death, and in return death made life priceless.

    I love this. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Because death is perhaps the only thing stronger than love."

    Profound. Accurate. Beautiful.

    Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool post. "...in return death made life priceless." #stolen. Loved this quote!

    ReplyDelete