Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rainbow in a box

I grew up backwards.

I always colored softly when I was little, as not to ruin the crayons. No one likes the crayon boxes with ripped edges and different sized wax. Other kids didn't mind though, they snapped their crayons like my mom snaps her gum.

 But then I changed
Now I don't mind the imperfect colors, I still like the shiny new packs, but in a different way. In a sad way. They don't know what their missing. I won't say "their imperfections are pretty" but crayons aren't meant to sit in a box and be pretty. It's not about what they look like, but what they can do and what they can make. So why is the world trying to teach us that being 'pretty' is more important than living and learning.
The white crayon grew up thinking she had less potential than the blue one, when all that she needed was a different colored paper



3 comments:

  1. I love the antlers:) love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is honestly one of my new favorite post from "I always colored softly when I was little, as not to ruin the crayons no one likes the crayon boxes with ripped edges and different sized wax." to the very last line they were two of my favorites your a great writer and hospice is one of the best albums ever written.

    ReplyDelete