Sunday, September 21, 2014

Happy Birthday

It's your birthday and I forgot. I'm sorry.


 
I wonder if you celebrate birthdays in heaven or if you celebrate your deathday. I hope it's not called that if you do. I'd like to believe we would have hung out tonight, maybe had a fire and sang weird Harry Potter parodies, lit illegal fireworks not caring about burning the neighborhood down, or maybe we would have gone and ridden that puke green double schwinn bike in Smiths. 
 
 
 
Sometimes I  can picture your face so clearly it's like I saw you two days ago, and not two years. Your voice stopped coming though. Why? 
People still ask the standard questions like how and when and did you know he was struggeling. I don't mind answering, I would be curious.
I guess a defect to being human is caring more about how people died than how they lived.
In Paris it's going to be different. I want you to know that.
 
 
 
You gave me a cinnamon roll for my birthday so I got you a rose.
 
 
Happy Birthday
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness

    You gave me a cinnamon roll for my birthday so I got you a rose

    Definitely one of my favorite posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true and a gem.
    this is so good and so honest.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had shivers for a solid 45 seconds, this is art well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess a defect to being human is caring more about how people died than how they lived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This amazing

    "I wonder if you celebrate birthdays in heaven or if you celebrate your deathday. I hope it's not called that if you do."

    Simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete