Thursday, December 1, 2016

Dear Heart

Dear Heart,
                  I know it's been a while since we've talked, I thought about you I promise, it's just, well you know how the winter is and there never seemed to be a good time, and, maybe there never will be, but I need you to know something.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry I worry about breaking bones more than breaking you. I'm sorry she bruised me but forgot you altogether. I'm sorry I didn't fight harder... for both of us. I'm sorry I was wired this way, that I can't remember anything happy before 9th grade. Because you, you deserve all the happy. I'm sorry because I'm selfish. I forgot the sound of your voice and maybe that's the reason you forgot how to feel. I'm sorry for all the grudges I've made you hold, and the empty I love yous. I'm sorry for the bricks, I thought I was protecting myself but didn't realize I was killing you in the process.   I'm sorry it's taken so long. 

On Monday they said I was strong, but I didn't feel strong. I think they were talking to you.  Thank you for being strong... for both of us.

I know I've told you it's okay to stop, begged you to, but promise me you won't until you find hope and there's more than blood coursing through our veins because I don't know when that time will come but I know it's worth waiting for. 


The only hope I can offer right now, is one day we'll look back and smile. Because if we can get through this....We may not be okay now, but we will be. 

Thank You. 



No comments:

Post a Comment